Galicia, a culinary paradise
GASTRONOMY OF DEZA AND THE PRODUCTION OF THE GALO DE CURRAL
The Don Din restaurant is part of Gastro Deza, a gastronomic network of the Deza region. The network describes the food at Casa Don Din as “Stand outs for the preparation of the Cocido (Meat stew) and Galo de Curral (Rooster), but also for the grilled barbeque of the best Galicia meats by the expert hands of Santiago Caramés”. Our kitchen is traditional and modern using fresh products from within the local area and our own produce.
Galo de Curral, our personal production
As part of our selection of home grown products we also include our infamous production of certified roosters and hens, allowing us to breed and sell the livestock.
Our livestock production is implemented by the Avimós Association, who ensures the reservation of the Galiña de Mos breed, originally from Galicia and one of oldest breeds in the peninsula. Even though the breed came close to extinction, today we are able to conserve and enjoy the beauty and quality of its produce, as they did many years ago.
REGA: ES3602001092201 – Breeder Code: GM00554
You will be able to see a summary of our menu below, divided by starters, meats and seafood. We also serve on a daily basis home-made dessert and our sharer dishes that are served in our cafeteria and terrace.
- Warm scallop and prawn Salad with dried fruits and nuts drizzled with vinegar of Modena
- Warm gulas and prawn Salad
- Goats cheese Salad with caramelized onion
- Don Din Salad
- Chorizo and cheese platter
- Chorizo, cheese and ham platter
- Iberico cured meat platter
- Don Din platter (for 2)
- Don Din large platter (for 2)
- Fried or grilled Baby squid
- Home-made Croquettes
- Steamed mussels
- Padrón Peppers (seasonal)
- Stuffed Piquillo Peppers
- Octopus with prawns (Pulpo de la ría)
- Sliced pork loin with fries
- Chicken with cream jus
- Iberico Abanico
- Mixed grill platter
- Veal Milanese
- Churrasco de Ternera Gallega completo *
- Mixed grill platter of Galician Veal*
- Pan fried Veal Rump* (Croca Gallega)
- Mixed Iberian pork with mushrooms (Muñeira de carne)
- Galician Sirloin Steak with a red pepper or cream jus
- Chicken breast with mushroom sauce
- Galician Veal Cutlets
Specialities from Deza
- Galicia meat stew (Lalin speciality)**
- Galo de Curral/Galo de Mos from Vila de Cruces (Home reared roosters and hens)**
* Complete: Salad, fries, bottled water, house wine, dessert and coffee.
** Pre-ordered only, min. 4 people with 48h notice.
- Cod with sautéed mixed peppers with steamed potatoes
* Fish of the day available
DINING AND PRIVATE ROOM - OPENING HOURS
We have a large dining room area with a capacity for 90 diner’s including two private rooms for 14 to 20 diners. We also serve food in our terrace.
Open on Tuesday to Friday from 8am.
Open Saturdays from 9am and Sunday from 11am.
Closed Mondays (Apart from the 4th/17th of each month, local bank holidays or on town festivities).
If you wish to make a reservation or request further information regarding our accommodation and/or restaurant you can do so via the following online form.
Once the request is sent we will contact you by email as confirmation.
If you prefer you may contact us by telephone:
+34 986 592 608 or email: email@example.com